Monday, May 26, 2008

Journey

Today marked the 3 year anniversary of the end of one family member’s journey. My sister-in-law waged a courageous battle and there were many valuable lessons for me upon her passing. I reflect on these lessons daily. They have profoundly altered the manner of my thinking. I miss her.

Oddly, my Dad is approaching his journey’s end too. But he simply refuses to go, defying the odds. I’m at peace with the ultimate conclusion of his journey. I suppose that’s easy since I’m not the one dying. I’m still learning the nuances of the lessons learned, I guess. My compassion unfortunately translates as awkward callousness. But I know what I mean and feel, even if I convey it poorly to others.

So today’s post is meant as a brief reminder to cherish every single moment of your life and of the lives around you.

No comments: