Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Nine

…number nine…number nine…number nine…

I am officially announcing my entry into the contest for one of the Rotterdam Town Board positions up for election in 2009. My approach will be 2-pronged. I will mount an independent effort to create an independent ballot line, but as a currently enrolled Republican, I will also mount a primary challenge for the Republican ballot line. The constraints of NYS Election Law put me at a distinct disadvantage and serve to compel me to pursue all avenues to the ballot. I enter the fray to win, not to simply stimulate the discussion.

For additional information regarding my candidacy, please visit my official election campaign website,
http://www.michael-oconnor.org/

3 comments:

d.eris said...

hey Michael, good luck! Are you familiar with Tea New York? Their network might be able to offer help and/or support for your campaign.

Michael said...

Thanks. I checked out the link but don't think it's for me. Looks like quite an agenda they are pursuing - my agenda is much more modest.

d.eris said...

heh, yeah. It looks like they've even toned down their demands, I seem to remember them calling for upstate and downstate to be separated into two different states. I thought they might have a good activist/volunteer network or something along those lines though.