Thursday, February 28, 2008

'Roid Rage

I’m not on steroids but nonetheless, I’ve got some steroid induced rage. How so, you ask? I am growing increasingly perturbed by the waste of government time and resources investigating allegations of improper performance enhancing drugs in Major League Baseball. I’m not here to defend any ballplayers either. I simply don’t see it as a relevant issue our government should be concerned with.

It’s pretty obvious that steroids and other questionable substances are rampant in professional sports, baseball and otherwise. God help us all if the government is going to try to play enforcer on that front. We’ll never get anything of consequence accomplished on the issues that really matter. In fact, this whole mess is nothing more than an opportunity for no-name politicians to grandstand. Is it any wonder real problems go unnoticed, unaddressed, or unresolved?

Beyond the poor example these athletes set for our youth by this behavior, I’m really disinterested in the travails of these pampered individuals. I’m pretty certain I never pulled a voting lever for anyone to investigate the matter…but perhaps, I misremember?

No comments: