Friday, November 30, 2007

Reflections

Today was an exceptional day. It was also a day where I was reminded of the people that have been instrumental in shaping and influencing my life.

In a society where so much seems disposable and loyalty is something that seldom exists, I was fortunate to count myself among the lucky few. Relatively young still at 43, I celebrated 20 years of employment today, a milestone not reached by anyone other than the owner of my firm. Content for it to be just another ordinary day, I was surprised to be recognized. The heartfelt appreciation for my dedication simply overwhelmed me. It won't be lost on me.

Of course, my accomplishments are not solely my own but a combination of efforts of the very many talented individuals that have supported and guided me over the years. I was quickly reminded of my parents and all the sacrifices they made that enabled me to realize today. Whatever gaps remained, my adoring wife and children provided. I am truly blessed and humbled...and I will do whatever I can to enable others in their lives to realize the joy I experienced today.

No comments: