Thursday, March 26, 2009

Enigma

Some of my posts and associated views have some of my closer friends scratching their heads. It’s not so perplexing if you read ALL my posts. Granted, most won’t ever be able to reconcile some of what I’ll simply characterize as “a moderation of my early beliefs.”

Essentially, my ideology on certain matters has evolved resulting in probably what is a unique bundling of beliefs and views in relation to the typical packaging we’ve grown accustomed to from any of the major party platforms. I’m immersed in the gray, so to speak.

I’m sure some will see it as a nonsensical bundling or an attempt to pander. Whatever. I’m not too concerned. I’ve truly moved beyond any belief in litmus tests or rigid attachment to party ideology. I suppose some would characterize it as being pragmatic. Maybe so, but I see it differently. Pragmatism within the parties means something completely different, I think. It’s not intended as compromise either. It’s more about right and wrong for me. Many will never understand what I mean. That’s okay.

Nonetheless, people are often surprised to learn their preconception of me is not quite entirely accurate. I hope I leave them thinking. Not wondering where I stand, because to find that out, all you have to do is ask me.

No comments: