Saturday, March 8, 2008

Visions I

Everything worth building starts with a blueprint. The blueprint guides everything. The Town’s blueprint is the Comprehensive Plan. Evidence suggests that the Plan is either woefully inadequate or disregarded altogether. I suspect it’s a combination of the two.

I’ve been accused of being a “negative guy.” I’ve been accused of being a Pollyanna and being too unrealistically idealistic. I understand why the accusations are leveled but dispute them. (I’m negative, remember?) Anyway, the simple fact is there are problems that need fixing. There is a harsh reality to this life that cannot be ignored when doing so. That doesn’t mean problems are unsolvable. More precisely, it means they’re not easily solved. Still, they are solvable nonetheless.

My “negativity” is accompanied by constructive suggestions for solutions. If it wasn’t, there would be no point in opening my mouth to begin with.

No comments: